The good folks at EuroMonitor International continue to produce some of the finest research on Asia’s economic transformation. Their latest report, downloadable on their site, looks at the Asian Retail Landscape.
These are the Top Ten companies within retailing in the Asia-Pacific region in terms of sales. I have also listed their home country HQ in parentheses, but have not listed sales figures until I understand their methodology better.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (China)
- JD.Com (China)
- Seven and I Holdings Co Ltd (Japan)
- AEON Group (Japan)
- Amazon.com Inc (USA)
- Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd (China)
- Walmart Inc (USA)
- Lotte Group (South Korea)
- Family Mart UNY Holdings Co Ltd (Japan)
- Shinsegae (South Korea)